Conference PROCEEDINGS from 2020 available HERE.
Call for scientific papers on technology transfer and intellectual property
– Key factors for successful technology transfer from different points of view (researchers, knowledge transfer experts, enterprises)
– Key inventions and their protection for the greater good
– Market perspective through different TRL phases
– Financing different TRL phases
– Setting-up internal Proof-of-Concept funds at public research organisations
– Lowering the Proof-of-Concept risks
– Shortening the time-to-market for different technological fields
– Spin-out vs spin-off
– Key trends in IP protection and TT for mid TRL phases
– Examples of IP protection in Artificial Intelligence
– The role of patents in Artificial Intelligence
– Activating the IP protection and TT players in the SEE region
– National IP protection: a profit or a hindrance
– Governmental support vs institutional support of IP protection and TT
– IP and internal secret know-how: who prefers what and why
– Other, chosen by the contributor
Instruction for authors
The Program Committee calls for papers on the topics of the conference. The papers should not exceed four pages, and should be written in English. Papers written in program Microsoft Word must be made according to MS Word template. Preliminary Registration Form to be filled in by 10th of August. Final submission by 17th of August. The papers will be reviewed by the Programme Committee. The accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings with an ISBN, posted (open access) on the ITTC web page and presented by the authors at the conference.
Presentations of published papers will be organised in sessions depending on their topics. By default, the presentations shall be given in English. Time allocated for each presentation will be approximately 15 minutes (including discussion). The duration of the conference will depend on the number of accepted papers.
10 August 2021: Preliminary Registration Form (includes an Abstract)
17 August 2021: Submission deadline
04 September 2021: Acceptance notification
21 September 2021: Deadline for revised papers
Scientific Review Programme Committee
Niko Schlamberger, President of Slovenian Society INFORMATIKA
Doc. Dr. Tamara Besednjak Valič, Faculty of Information Studies in Novo Mesto
The presentations of the papers will be followed by the round table on IPR management in industry, chaired by a representative from the Faculty of Information Studies in Novo Mesto
The round table is organised in cooperation with KnowING IPR project. KnowING IPR project is generally focused on the topic of technology transfer and specifically with the topic of management of intellectual property rights as a factor of innovation. To reach the aims of the project we are building an institutional platform (supported by online platform), where different stakeholders will be able to retrive information on importance of technology transfer, IP protection, opportunities arising from IP protection and on tools to properly manage own IP. The goal of the project is to improve cooperation SMEs and research institutions through empowerment of stakeholders with knowledge on recognition and utilization of IP protection.
Project co-funded by European Union Funds (ERDF, IPA, ENI).
Project website: www.interreg-danube.eu/knowing-ipr